We arrived in Kansas City on Friday, Oct. 25 and returned to Dallas on Tuesday, Oct. 29. It was my first time to fly with all 3 by myself and it went so smoothly. I have a lot of travel systems, but you still never know how it will go with three littles including a newborn. It also helped my stress level to make the trip while I was still on maternity leave so I didn't have to lug a computer or worry about work.
It was important to me to make a trip to Kansas City for a number of reason. I wanted to introduce Colton to my extended family. My Dad is in the middle of having surgery on one knee and a full replacement on the other knee so they aren't able to come to Dallas for awhile. And, my sister Bethany and her son Samuel were also in KC visiting from their home in Georgia which made it even more special.
We attended a Fall Festival in the neighborhood, went to church on Sunday, had family over Sunday afternoon, and played a lot in the basement. The time seemed to fly by! On my last night in Kansas City, Bethany and Samuel had already left so we figured we had 3 adults and 3 kiddos so we all paired up for the night. I had JR (he slept soundly with me in bed all night), my Dad had Cadence and my Mom had Colton. I got SUCH a good nights sleep and was thankful for my parents help.
 |
| Dressed up to attend the neighborhood Fall Festival. |
 |
| On the way home from church, Nina took Jack Ranger on a detour to a small local airport. He was so excited to meet Dusty! |
 |
| I love Nina! |
 |
| It meant a lot to me to introduce Colton to my 90-year-old grandmother. |
 |
| Cousin Shanna Keller, Samuel, Aunt Kathy, Cadence and Aunt Cynthia. |
 |
| My Dad, his sister (my Aunt Kathy) and Colton. |
No comments:
Post a Comment