Trixie is the chair of the Austin Magic Auction and she used to be a professional magician. Her house is filled to the brim with magic and magic memorabilia. The kids were in love with the whole house and they even got to sleep in their own moroccan themed bunk room. They played all day in the lake and thought they were hot stuff riding on the "water motorcycles" with Grant.
The only bummer of the weekend was that Trixie got a ticket from the water police because we didn't have Colton in a life jacket during out boat ride. Grant literally had the life jacket on his lap, and the other two were in their life jackets, but the officer was on a power trip and wouldn't let us off with a warning. I think Grant is going to help her protest the ticket.
The drive to Burnett was about 4 hours and the kids were great both ways. We took the Prius and they seem to be more content sitting by each other and the older two helped entertain Colton. When we got back home Sunday night we were all totally wiped out and we slept until 9:30am on Monday morning. I couldn't believe it - that is the latest I think Colton has slept in his life.
In other news, yesterday was the last day I nursed Colton. I haven't nursed yet today, and I don't think I am going to. Sad, but it feels like it is time. Nice to have such a fun weekend so I don't feel too sad about the transition. The last day I will ever nurse for the rest of my life :( - sigh... anyway... I hope we get invited back to the lakehouse next year! Thanks Mark and Trixie!











No comments:
Post a Comment