Saturday, May 23, 2015

Grandma Jack Comes to Dallas

My 91-year old Grandmother (Ernestene Elizabeth Feagan) visited us in Texas this past weekend. It was incredibly special. We had dinner together on Thursday at my parent's house in Dallas. Then on Friday my parents and Grandma Jack made the 2+ hour drive to DeKalb, Texas where my grandmother visited her brother Murrell. They had a special reunion and I think they hadn't seen each other in about 18 years.

On Saturday I fixed brunch and grandma and my folks arrived around 9am and we ate and talked and played with the kids until about noon. I loved getting to spend time with my grandma who is so very important to me. I know the trip was hard for her. She is nearly blind and very fragile, but she was a good traveler and my parents were incredibly attentive to make it as early on her as possible. I talk with my grandma at least once a week on my way to work and often twice a week and I loved getting to show her my home and have her get to know my kiddos better.

I love you Grandma!







No comments: