Monday, October 12, 2015

KC Pumpkin Patch

About two weeks ago I felt a stirring that I needed to go to Kansas City and visit my Grandma Jack. She fell and broke her hip about two months ago and while X-rays showed that her hip was healing, it is very difficult to recovery when you are 90+. I was going to be in Argentina the week of Oct. 5 for work, so I shuffled by schedule around and Cadie and I took a super quick trip to KC on Wed. Sept. 30 and Thurs. Oct. 1.

We arrived on Wednesday morning and drove my parents car from the airport to Aunt Kathy's house. My parents had left for Seattle that morning and we had missed them by only hours. CJ was off work for both days and my main goals were to visit with Grandma Jack and be with CJ.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day so CJ, Aunt Kathy, Cadie and I had a light lunch at Aunt Kathy's house and then headed directly to the KC Pumpkin Patch which is one of my favorite KC events. It was practically empty and we had the best time!

After the pumpkin patch, we headed back to Aunt Kathy's house and Cadie stayed with Aunt Kathy while CJ and I went to visit Grandma Jack. Aunt Kathy and Cadie had a wonderful time together watching Peter Pan and snuggling. It the the perfect start to our whirlwind KC trip.





No comments: