Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

We had the most lovely Thanksgiving! It was full of family, rest, and meaningful memories. Cadie was so excited to get her braces off Tuesday afternoon and she has the most beautiful smile. Then, we kicked off the holiday with both JR and Cadie having playdates on Wednesday afternoon. It was beautiful weather and Cadie enjoyed playing with Kamryn and JR had a fun time with Luca.

On Thursday we spent the day at DD and Big John's house and it flew by! I looked at the clock and it was 8pm! I was so surprised. It was wonderful to sit and talk with family now that I don't have to be chasing around the kids all the time.

On Friday, Grant took JR with Big John to the Scots football game and I spent the day with Cadie for our Cadie-Mom day. We spent the morning at King Spa and the afternoon at American Girl. Kristen, my doll from when I was little, got her hair done and Cadie got a new doll, Josephine. I loved getting to be with my sweet girl and be a part of her picking her first American Girl doll.

On Saturday we went to the SMU Football game. The weather was incredible. We took the GEM and had a great time sitting on the family zone and catching up with Courtney and Isaac Lynch. SMU won which was a bonus! After the game, the kids and I decorated the house for Christmas.

On Sunday we joined Katia and Russell Jonas for a very special baby - Baby Alexander's baptism. They stopped by the house on Saturday night and asked Grant to be Alex's godfather which made the day even more special. We had a lunch at Kathy and Russell's house after the service and the kids loved playing with the Beasley kiddos.

I loved getting to be home with the kids for 5 days! I also loved taking it easy each morning and staying in jammies for awhile and slowly having breakfast and a cup of coffee. I also loved that we got to see so many friends and family. It felt like a perfect few days to remember all the things we have to be thankful for!






No comments: