Saturday, November 4, 2017

Jack Ranger is 7!

My sweet little man is funnier, skinnier and smarter than ever! Since he has a broken wing, we opted for a Lego-party at our house. We invited all the boys from his 1st grade class, plus a few boys from the neighborhood. He had 6 friends come, which wasn't as many as he had wanted, but there was no school on the Monday afterwards and I think a lot of folks went out of town for the long weekend. Ranger had a great time and it really was an easy party. We dumped about a million legos on the floor in the playroom upstairs. Each boy got a green square to build on and they got to keep and take home whatever they built! They all loved it. Plus, we had a piƱata, lego cake, and pizza. One little boy said it was the best party ever which made me happy. I figured, how could it go wrong with boys and legos?

We wrapped up the day with Rangers choice for dinner - Tokyo Kaze  (aka Faux-Benihana). Ranger is doing so well in 1st grade and continues to be inquisitive, sweet, and energetic! During his teacher conference, his teacher (Mrs. Hernandez) said he tries hard every day, is above average in math and reading, and makes friends with everyone. She said his main challenge is that he wants to talk with his friends during class. She has tried to move him to different tables with different kids, but she said he just makes friends with them too and wants to talk with his "new" friends. I picked up him early from school this week for his 7-year checkup, and when I told the school receptionist that I was picking up "Ranger" - she knew right who he was. I didn't even have to use our last name. He is infamous. We love you bunches and bunches JR!!




No comments: