I was so glad to get back in town from Washington on Sunday evening so that we could celebrate Cadie's 12th birthday on Monday. Cadie had some fairly simple requests this year. A glue gun of her own and dinner at Rise. I called ahead to Rise and they saved the fancy table for us! It was beautiful and I think Cadie felt special. Cadie is responsible, an avid reader, likes to be early to school, thinks she may want to be a teacher or an interior designer, is in advanced math (so proud of her!), adventurous, opinionated, skeptical, prefers 1:1 or small groups, artistic, and reliable. I love her dearly and it has been a privilege to get to take her to school every day and go on walks with her in the evenings. I still get to snuggle her and scratch her back every night. She also loves to emphasize how much taller than me that she is. She will reach over my head for things in the kitchen. Show off! Cadie is a lovely young lady and being her Mom is something I am grateful for every day.








1 comment:
She is just so beautiful and sweet!! <3
Post a Comment