Friday, October 16, 2020

Goodbye Southwest

Facebook post from my last day, "This is my last day at Southwest Airlines. This year has been full of so many unexpected twists and turns. I am excited for my next adventure (stay tuned...), but I am sad today as I say good-bye and leave our wonderful campus. Southwest Airlines has been a harbor for me and I walked into work every day blessed to work with an amazing Team I care about deeply. Thank you to Lori Paschal Winters for taking a chance and hiring me and to the Team who has felt like family for the last four year. I will carry all the things you taught me in my heart - celebrating each other, holding true to your values, how to lead with compassion, and the importance of laughing together. Southwest Airlines, you are truly one-of-a-kind and I will remain a loyal Customer and fan. All my LUV!"

It was an emotional day saying good-bye. I cried driving to campus to pack up the last of my things and again when I said a brief good-bye to my Team on our weekly Teams call. I was so glad that we had planned a happy hour at Terry Blacks. About 15 folks came and it felt like a bit of closure since it is such a strange time to say good-bye. Southwest has been so good to me and our family. Grant says he feels like his wings have been clipped. I do too. There is no place like Southwest.











No comments: