Monday, Sept. 21 I began sharing the news about my departure from Southwest. It was extremely difficult, but I had told my boss, Whitney, the Wed before we left for Disney and I was anxious to share the news. I wanted to get it out and also begin planning for transition. With the news, it also meant we had a very limited window for travel privileges! We all tried to make the most of it before our wings were clicked on Oct. 16. Dad took a trip to KC and Dallas, Jerry and Susan used buddy passes go to Charlotte, Grant took Ranger to San Antonio, and I took Colton to Washington to visit Eric and Anna.
Colton and I were the last two on an AA flight on Thursday evening. I was so nervous that we wouldn't make it! We rented a car and drove to Cashmere and go there really late. The moon was really bright which helped with the drive. We left on Sunday afternoon on a Southwest flight that wasn't very full which was nice.
We explored Ridge 2 River property, "helped" Eric with the concrete for the new barn, went mini-golfing, spent an afternoon at the river, and even got to go to dinner with Tara. We had an amazing time and Eric and Anna were wonderful hosts. I also loved getting to spend some special time with my little dude. He was super easy to travel with and he loved the adventure as much as I did.











No comments:
Post a Comment