Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One whole pound!

Cadie and I had a big day yesterday so we just vegged out at home all day today. Cadie went to DD's house at 8 am yesterday so I could go to the dentist at 8:45am. Grant helped us get ready in the morning and we were able to get out the door in 45 mins which I thought was pretty impressive for the two of us. I went back to DD's after the dentist to feed Cadie and then went to lunch with my best friend Lindsey who was in town from Houston to meet Cadie for the first time. We had a great time at lunch and then Lindsey helped me go to the pediatrician for Cadie's 1 month appointment. Cadie got a great report! She has grown a full pound in the last 2 weeks which puts her in the 55% for weight and she is in the 75% for height. She got kudos for her neck control, and she was very well behaved through the whole appointment. I talked to the dr. about the fact that Cadie really only likes to sleep in the swing and he suggested wrapping her up tight in the miracle blanket, putting on a white noise machine, and seeing if she could sleep in her bassinet. Linds and I tried that in the afternoon and Cadie slept for about 2 hours in her bassinet. In terms of white noise, Cadie prefers the crickets but I prefer the waterfall :) While Cadie slept in her bassinet I was able to rest for a little bit and was even up for dinner at Pei Wei with Lindsey (middle) and Shauna (left).

No comments: