Sunday, November 30, 2008

Roller Coster Weekend

This was certainly a holiday weekend of highs and lows. We had a wonderful time with family and we all got to get rest. Grant went to bed at 6pm on Friday night after a long day of shopping for black Friday deals and helping his dad with a remodeling project. Grant took the baby for 4 hours this afternoon and I had a wonderful nap.

We had a few lows as well. Life seems to move at a quick pace these days and Grant and I have not had a chance to really talk and connect recently. We were able to address some tough issues over the long weekend. There is a lot of change with a new baby and an expanding family and we both had concerns and thoughts that needed to be discussed. I feel good at where we are now and the fact that we have been able to communicate issues that we both feel are important to us as individuals and to our collective family. However, working through the tough and very real issues is often not fun.

I am glad to be traveling through this life with Grant. He is such a wonderful teammate, friend, and husband. I love you!

This is pic of Cadie chilling in our bed this morning as I folded laundry.

No comments: