Sunday, June 21, 2009

A little More About Samuel

I didn't have time to post the full story the other day, but I wanted to share more about the miracle of Samuel Thomas. My sister, Bethany, has had a heart-ache for a baby for quite some time - maybe two years. She and my brother-in-law, Nathan, were not having the easiest time getting pregnant and my mom and I knew the desire of Bethany's heart was to have a child. Bethany has had some significant health issues which complicated the situation even further. I believe 100% in the power of prayer, but often I find myself praying in general terms ("Please take care of my family," "Thank you for health"...), and not necessarily for specific requests. In about June of 2008 my Mom and I decided to pray specifically for Bethany to conceive in Aug. We prayed daily for Bethany's health and for her to get pregnant in Aug. It was constantly on my heart and mind.

Bethany made a trip to visit me in Dallas in November 2008 to meet Cadie for the first time. In the car on the way home from the airport I asked her if it was going to be hard to be around Cadie knowing how badly she wanted a child of her own, and she said, "It won't be too hard since I am going to have a baby!" I almost wrecked my car! I was beyond excited, and guess when she got pregnant - AUGUST!!! God is so good! It was a clear reminder to me that He is fully in control and that we can bring any request before our Maker.

I love you already Samuel Thomas and can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

Laurel Holler said...

Wow...that gave me goosebumps. God is so awesome!!!