Friday, June 12, 2009

The Wheel Have Totally Fallen Off!

I had the most crazy 24 hours starting on Wednesday evening. Wednesday afternoon our flight left from Kansas City to Dallas at 5:15. Cadie was a pill on the flight, and then due to storms and tornados in Dallas, we were diverted to Oklahoma City. They didn't know how long we would be on the ground in Oklahoma City and they were not able to get my stroller due to security. I was so tired and knew I could not carry Cadie and our stuff around the airport so I made them bring me a wheelchair and then I plopped Cadie in the wheelchair and put our bags on top of her so she couldn't launch herself out. As we walked around the airport people were giving us the funniest looks - something like "Is that a crippled baby in a wheelchair?" I just smiled at them.

When we finally got back onto the flight after 9pm, Cadie was so beyond tired that she was screaming bloody murder. She dumped her Cheerios all over the floor and I just let her crawl around my feet and eat them. I know, I know. Totally gross... Anyway, she managed to crawl under my seat somehow and look up at the people behind us. I heard them say, "Here comes trouble..." so I figured it was time to coral her again.

I got Cadie to bed just before 1am but she was fussy all night. I had meetings that I really needed to be at in the Dallas office on Thursday which is why I came back on Wed. evening. Even though I was exhausted, I got myself up and got Cadie ready. We headed to the garage and it was partially flooded. AHHHHH! We stepped through the puddles and headed to Grandma's. We arrived at Grandma's and her voice was gone with Laringytis. Some types of laringytis are not contagious but some are. I knew that Cadie was going to be difficult and with Grandma not at 100% I decided not to leave her. Cadie and I headed back home and I took my conference calls from the office with Cadie playing in our loft. She did ok, but did manage to fall and cut herself right beside her eye. Finally Dawna (Grant's mom) was able to come to the rescue and she picked up Cadie at about noon so I could finish my workday.

Those are just the highlights, there is more that won't fit into this blog. That being said, I am thankful for:
- The nice people that put up with Cadie on our 100% full flight
- Wheelchairs
- Immune systems (even with all the gross stuff Cadie does she has never been very sick)
- Ability to work from home
- Dawna


Cadie chillin' in the chair with her arms propped up.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

This is really funny, Erin --of course you would think of getting a wheelchair for your baby. Really made me laugh!

Julia said...

That is the funniest picture I have ever seen! What a nightmare flight!

Laurel Holler said...

I am laughing so hard at your trip home! I love the wheelchair pic. Great idea!