Friday, Aug. 16 was my last day at work and I was SOOOOO ready for that baby to arrive! I stayed active all weekend to encourage the baby to make an entrance. On Saturday evening the kids, Grant and I went to Chicken Scratch for dinner with the Gallets. Then on Sunday morning we decided to go to Six Flags! Actually, Grant was going to take Cadie to Six Flags and we told her not to mention it to Ranger. Right before they left Cadie said, "Ranger! Dad is taking me to Six Flags!" Once Ranger heard that he was so excited to go and I decided to tough it out and we all went together. I didn't ride any rides, but I walked around the park all day.
We headed home around 4:30pm and right around 6pm I felt my first contraction! Just a few contractions later my water broke. With the other two kids my water broke once we were at the hospital, so that was a new experience. Mary was home and we told her to cancel her plans - she was on Cadie/JR duty for the evening :) - so glad she was there! Grant and I did some last minute packing, showered and then got to the hospital around 7pm. My contractions were every 3-4 minutes apart at that point. I labored in the bed and on a yoga ball until about 8:30pm and then decided I had enough and got an epidural. My sister Courtney and DD and Big John arrived around 9pm. At 10pm it was time to push and our baby boy arrived at 10:18pm! 8 lbs 13 ounces and 20 inches long. My OB, Dr. Todd Ruk, is AMAZING. He let my sister Courtney who is an ICU nurse put on scrubs and basically deliver the baby. She had not seen a birth before and she loved it. She was the one who actually held the baby as he came out. When Grant announced, "It's a boy!" I was shocked! I know I should not have been surprised, but I have felt like the baby was a girl all along. I even have girl clothes to return - glad I kept receipts. We went through a few boy names in the hospital before finally deciding on Colton Alexander Walsh - I LOVE it. Such a strong name - I know God has big things planned for him. Other name contenders included Dean Foster, Dillion Foster, Marshall Alexander and Trooper Alexander.
Colton and I went home on Tuesday morning so our time in the hospital felt short. But I had an easy delivery with no complications so I felt pretty good besides not too much sleep. I was also just so glad to no longer be pregnant.
A few memories from Colton's birth:
- When we told the kids we were headed to the hospital, Cadie was so excited! She said, "REALLY, is Peanut really coming?!?!"
- Before we left for the hospital, Cadie, Jack Ranger, Grant, Mary and I prayed together and it was a sweet final moment for our family of 4 before we welcomed our new family member.
- I felt emotional about an hour before the birth and cried with Grant, but I felt calm and excited during the delivery and when the baby arrived.
- I loved having Courtney deliver Colton and I know she also will treasure the experience.
- I was so thankful Colton decided to come a few days early! (original due date was August 22) Pregnancy and I were no longer getting along.
- The excitement of finally finding out if we had a boy or a girl! My surprise and then my happiness over having two sweet, handsome boys to look after our beautiful Cadence Nicole.
Thank you God for a healthy baby and for the beautiful family you have entrusted to God and I. Our cups runneth over.
 |
| My handsome boys at Chicken Scratch. |
 |
| Looking HUGE at Chicken Scratch. |
 |
| Jack Ranger grew a few inches over the summer and was able to ride his first roller coaster! |
 |
| Last family of 4 picture |
 |
| Arriving at the hospital |
 |
| Excited to have a baby! |
 |
| Aunt Courtney made two onsies so we were covered for a boy or a girl. |
 |
| DD and Big John were there for the birth. Such wonderful in-laws! |
 |
| It's a boy!!!! And he is wonderful!! |
 |
| Proud grandparents. |
 |
| Everyone wants the Mamma. |
 |
| Meeting baby brother for the first time. |
 |
| Our awesome family of 5 |
 |
| He is so beautiful |
 |
| Ready to take my baby home. |
 |
| Coming home for the first time. |
No comments:
Post a Comment