We got to celebrate Grant with a view of Lady Liberty during a harbor cruise, waffles in Bryant Park, and 3 Broadway shows! Grant did some late-night tour booking and woke us all up at 9:30am for a 10:30am Harbor Cruise departure. We were all pretty groggy, but we hustled since it was Father's Day. The weather was perfect and I was glad we went. After the Harbor Cruise, we walked back to Bryant Park for waffles. Ranger said they might have been the best waffles he has ever had.
We went back to the hotel, cleaned up a little bit and then parted ways - boys and girls. Cadie and I went to Six together at 2pm while Grant, Ranger, and Colton went to Aladdin at 3pm. I traded with Grant at intermission so he and Cadie could then go to Moulin Rouge at 5pm. The adult version of a roller coaster baby swap! I enjoyed seeing the second half of Aladin which included the flying carpet scene. After Aladdin, I took the boys to Madam Tussaud's where we saw all the famous people. Even Ranger had fun taking pics with celebrities.
Grant surprised Ranger with a visit to the real-life Hotel Continental from John Wick. We got there just as the sun was setting and got a few good pics. We had planned to go to a restaurant near there, but a number of places were closed since it was Sunday and the place we had thought would be good ended up being super expensive and without good options for the kids. A burger was $47! So we changed plans, went back to Times Square, got Five Guys burgers for the kids, and then Grant and I went exploring to find some decent food for ourselves. We stumbled upon an Irish pub called O'Donogue's and it was absolutely delicious! Lots of beers and a great cider on tap, Chef's specials that were so fresh, and warm apple berry a la mode for dessert. We had snacked during the day, but didn't have a real lunch so that made it extra yummy because we were so hungry. Plus, after a few days of 100% togetherness, I think we were all glad for a few moments where the kids could rest and chill in the hotel room and Grant and I could have some time alone.
Here is my Facebook Father's Day post in honor of Father's Day, "Happy Father's Day Grant Walsh! One of the perks of being married to GW is that he is the most amazing travel planner. Perfectly located hotels, curated itineraries, picture perfect selfies - he does it all and the kids and I just show up and have the best time. So how fun is it that we are in New York celebrating Father's Day with Lady Liberty, Broadway shows and waffles in Bryant Park. We love you GW!"













No comments:
Post a Comment