I went and picked them back up in front of the museum and we drove a super short distance and then parked for our Capitol Tour. Grant had worked with our senator, Beth Van Duyne, to arrange a personal tour with one of her interns. It was actually the interns' first tour of the summer! She was super nice and Grant shared a lot of facts with her from his time interning at the Capitol in Dick Army's office.
After the Capitol, we tried to make it to the final shuttle at 4pm at Arlington National Cemetery to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. We missed the shuttle by about 3 minutes. Grant did the walk, but the kids and I only walked a short way, browsed the museum, and then headed back to the hotel. Grant was disappointed that we didn't make the walk to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. At the hotel, I took the boys to swim and there was a young man teaching all the boys at the pool how to do different jumps and splashes and the boys loved it. I read my book and the boys swam for about 3 hours.
We walked to dinner at a local crepe place and then crashed for the night. Check-out day tomorrow!







No comments:
Post a Comment