



We welcomed Cadence Nicole Walsh to the world on Oct. 5, 2008 - right on her due date! She weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. and was 21 inches long. She is amazing and she has turned our world upside down.
I have been in lock-down mode for the past 2 weeks. Cadie has had some trouble with the basics - eating, pooping, and sleeping. We are getting much better at the eating and pooping, but now we need to master the sleeping. I have been so thankful to have my mother-in-law, mom, and sister help me with Cadie so I can get a few hours of sleep every day. Grant has also been wonderful. He takes the "evening shift" every night after work so I can rest or just have a few moments to myself.
Caring for a newborn has been an emotional journey. There have been highs such as laughing at Cadie's crazy faces, experiencing firsts such as bathtime and taking walks, and getting to fall in love with this beautiful gift. There have also been lows such as some physical challenges for me during birth, sleep deprivation, and making sure Cadie has enough to eat.
Every day gets a little bit easier and I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.
Psalm 139:13-14, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
1 comment:
She is just beautiful! We can't wait to see many more pictures! Get the sleep that you can! It really does pay off!
Post a Comment