Changing topics... I am so thankful for my inspiration moms. I have a few mom-friends that I call my "inspiration moms." They are all close friends, have kids a bit older than Cadence, and graciously provide me with encouragement and ideas about parenting - either through watching them and/or through their advice. One of my inspiration moms is Billi. Billi has two adorable kiddos and her oldest, Maddox, is 1 year older than Cadence. Billi is a working mom balancing career, husband, kids, house, etc. She is the one who first made me believe that nursing and working were possible and she continues to provide me with lots of ideas and support. To get to the point... One idea that came directly from Billi was this picture frame which she also did for Maddox:
I had Cadence's picture taken every month* for her first year and the pictures are displayed in this lovely frame in her room. I LOVE it!!! I look at it all the time. They change so much in the first year and since I am very goal-oriented I don't think I would have done a good job documenting Cadence without this frame to keep me on track.
Now that Cadence is 1 and I don't have a frame motivating me, I haven't gotten her picture taken at all. I am wondering if I should maybe go get a 15 month picture taken, but I don't want to go overboard. She doesn't love getting her picture taken, but I wonder if I will regret not having a few good shots of her at this adorable stage?
* Tip: I had almost all of these pictures taken at Target. Target Photo Studio is GREAT. They have a coupon on their website for a $8.99 portrait package which includes 2 8x10, 2 5x7, 4 4x3, and 16 wallets. It is only one pose so I would dress Cadie in a cute outfit, go to target, have her photo taken quickly, pick my fav pose, and then do my grocery shopping. Totally stress free, cheap, and I love the pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment