Monday, January 11, 2010

Working from Home

I am on Day 6 working from home, and so far I love it. However, I need to dispell a crazy rumor. Nothing has changed for Cadence - she goes to Mimi's just as normal. It is amazing to me how many people assume that Cadence is staying home with me now that I am working from home. I can only guess that is due to lack of knowledge about my job or lack of knowledge regarding toddler care. Either way, in case you were wondering, I still work long, intense days - I just get to do in now in my yoga pants and without the commute.

Working from home has brought on a few additional changes besides my increased use of yoga pants. Grant is now getting Cadence ready and taking her in the morning. We started off this way when I went back to work in April 2009, but have drifted away from it in recent months. I need to get started fairly early in the morning, so I come up to my office before Cadence even gets up. She really doesn't even know I am here in the morning and if Grant needs anything he has to call my cell phone so that she doesn't realize I am here.

A nice perk is that I do get to squeeze in a few household chores during the day. I can throw in a load of laundry while I am heating up my lunch, etc. I don't have much time during the day, but even a little bit helps. I am very thankful for this new arrangement!

I have a very nice office setup pictured below. I have my very own Polycom (thanks Dad!), copier, printer, fax, etc. I am finding that I am able to really focus in my office. However, I asked Grant over the holidays to switch desks with me, but he has not yet agreed. POOO! I have a quite old, bought-at-a-garage-sale desk. I sit and work at this desk 9-10 hours per day. Grant has a lovely new corner desk facing a window and he NEVER sits at it. Does anyone else find this unfair?
My sad, but functional desk:

Grant's spacious, nice, never-used except for clutter desk.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Uhhh...yeah! Just a *tad* unfair! Work it, girl...he'll have to give in to your request for a nice place to work (all day) at some point or another! Love you!