Friday, February 19, 2010

Uncle Eric

Cadie and I decided to power on and we are in Washington right now visiting Uncle Eric. I haven't been feeling great, but Cadie has done really well. I took a friend's advice (thanks Michelle!) and got some drops for Cadie's ears and she did awesome on the flight. My parents also met us here and Eric has showed us all around Crystal Mountain, where he works, and Cadence loved seeing the patrol dogs, skiers and snow. We spent two nights at Crystal Mt. and now are in Seattle. We spent time today at the lovely Gas Works Park and then also went to the space needle.

It is crazy that Eric and I are even related. He is a mountain guide during the summer (last summer Mr. Rainier and this next summer Denali in Alaska) and then usually does some sort of ski patrol in the window. He is incredibly strong (super-buff!), LOVES the outdoors and lives with a very-low overhead. He is passionate about climbing and has certifications as a first responder, avalanch Level 2 and I am not really sure what else. Anyway, I am so thankful I got to see him. I love you Eric!
Hanging out at Gas Works Park.


Riding the carousel outside the space needle.

1 comment: