Monday, February 1, 2010

Less of Me to Love

I started a diet last week and have lost 3.6 lbs! I have a long way to go, but I feel encouraged that what I am doing is at least working. I maintained a good weight throughout my pregnancy with Cadence, but once she arrived the wheels totally fell off. A bowl of cereal made me feel better about that 3am feeding, a Chick-Fil-A chocolate peppermint shake was such an uplifting treat after a long way with the baby and Grant working late, and a pizza while watching a movie with Grant over the weekend made me feel a bit more human. Not healthy, huh... So anyway, I finally put a stop to the bad habits, but I didn't make much progress losing what I had put on. With summer coming up and thinking about being in a swimsuit in our pool with all our friends, I finally decided to make a change. Grant is being very supportive and working from home makes controlling what I eat easier (no free muffins in the break room!). Keep me in your prayers as I make this journey, it isn't an easy one for me.
Changing topics... My mom and dad came down from Kansas City to visit us this past weekend. We had a wonderful time and Cadence even said "Bye-Bye Papa" when they left. We ate tamales (I only had two), took a drive out to a lake, went to church, had lunch with the Walsh's, and laughed a lot at Cadie's antics.

Tickling from Nana - the best! Looks like Cadence may have gotten my mom's beautiful skin.

Hanging in Papa and Nana's room after a bath from Papa.


I just love this picture of the three of them!

4 comments:

Bethany Chapman said...

I love the photo of Cadence in her robe - so glad she's getting good use out of it. I'm proud of you for working to lose weight. It's so hard, but it will be more than worth it. Keep up the good work!

Nicole said...

Way to go Erin! I know that you can do it!

Debbie said...

Way to go Erin!! It hard but it sounds like you are already on a roll. My big advice is to give yourself one cheat day every week. That way you never feel like you are totally giving everything up.

Courtney said...

Go Erin! You can do it! :) You are so beautiful and an amazing mother. I agree with Debbie on the cheat day tip. Even if it's just a "cheat snack"...you gotta give yourself something or you'll resent the diet and everything it's helped you overcome. Keep us updated on your progress...I've been trying again, too. With school, work, the kids, etc. it's not easy to make it to the gym, but I HAVE to get back into the swing of things - and soon! Cadie's pictures are precious as always...she is so fun to love. :)