Monday, December 24, 2018

Hawaii Day 13: Christmas Eve in Paradise

Nina, Bethany, Grant, and I and all the grandkids did a glass bottom boat tour. There was a knowledgeable and enthusiastic tour guide that made the trip really fun. We cruised along looking at the beautiful coral and fish and then spent about 20 mins watching the spinner dolphins playing in the harbor. Getting to the tour was a bit stressful because parking was challenging and the boat wasn't visible from our vantage point in the harbor. However, Grant and Nina got the cars parked and I found out that we couldn't see the boat because it was actually out for tour and would pick us up at the end of the pier in just a few minutes.

After the boat trip, we walked to downtown Kona for some ice cream and shave ice before heading back to the house.  That evening, the adult children went downtown after dinner while Nina and Papa stayed with the little kids. I always love spending time with my siblings!




No comments: