After a delicious free breakfast with an omelet station, we headed to church on the Beach. It was only a short walk from the hotel. It was fun to sing praise and worship on the beach and Colton enjoyed playing in the sand. Afterwards, I stayed with the kids to play at the beach and Grant did a workout (Go Grant!).
After the beach, we had a few small snacks in the room and then drove to the Jingle Rock Run. We saw a sign for the run on the way into town on Saturday and thought it sounded fun. I was soooo disappointed when we arrived because I thought the race started at 3 so I pushed us to arrive at 2:30 which I thought was cutting it a bit close. But.... I was wrong! The race started at 6! I wanted to give up on the race all together! It ended up still being a bit long to wait, but it wasn't horrible. There were bounce houses for the kids, food stalls, and a kids zone with crafts. There was a Keiki sprint for kids before the main race. JR was super excited about it, Colton was game, and Cadie did not want to participate at all. JR was in the top 10, Colton tried hard but was coughing, and Cadie ran the whole race with a pouty face.
Then, we all lined up for the race! Grant and JR ran ahead with the runner and Cadie, Colton and I stayed with the stroller crowd. We had picked up a cheap stroller for Colton the night before at Target because we knew he would be too tired to run the whole race. Especially since he has a cough right now and with the time change. The race was really fun with lots of carolers and festive lights along the race route. I was so glad Grant didn't let us bail out once I realized my time miscalculations.
After the race, we came back to the hotel and walked across the street to the Reef Bar and Grill (formerly known as Shorebirds) where Grant grilled us up some steaks. We were all really hungry and the meat was gone in minutes. Then, Colton fell promptly asleep in my lap. Grant carried him back to the room and we all crashed.






No comments:
Post a Comment