I am so glad that Samuel, Maryanne, Sam, and Betsy joined us for the weekend. I had taken over an electronic Sky Ranch picture frame the Sunday before and a note to let them know I was excited about the weekend. I am so glad I did because they said they were thinking of cancelling and they ended up deciding to come after they got the frame. They said they were glad they came after all. I especially enjoyed a long walk with Maryanne on Saturday evening. We did a few loops around the campus and got to talk about family, friendships, living in Dallas, and careers. She is a lovely person and I loved getting time to know her more authentically.
The weekend included Friday evening night zips, Saturday high ropes course, Bazooka ball, Cadie and Dad did a horseback ride which Cadie said was the highlight of her weekend (her horse was Alice), Saturday evening family games and bonfire, and Sunday rocket launches. The staff was awesome as always. I was a bit bummed that I didn't get a better family Christmas jammies picture and our speaker had to leave early so we didn't really get to know him. But other than those two things it was wonderful!
Plus, a stop at Bucee's on the way home was the cherry on top.






































No comments:
Post a Comment