That evening, Grant and I got to have a date night! B and Nathan (and I am sure Nina and Papa helped) watched our kids so Grant and I could have a pre-Grant birthday adventure. We went on the black water night dive and it was incredible! We went about a mile off the coast right at sunset and then waited for it to get pitch dark. The boat ride was beautiful and there was beautiful phosphorescence in the waves. The water was so calm it was like a lake. We were tethered to the boat and were able to go down about 45 ft. It felt like an alien world with jellies creatures floating past up. They were so strange and beautiful that it is hard to describe.
After the dive, we met Anna, Eric, CJ and Edie for dinner at Kona Brewing Company. Anna told us that during the evening the blender got broken and the TV in Cadie's room was broken. It sounded like a stressful evening so Grant and I felt a little bad. We stopped at WalMart on the way home to get replacements for everything that got broken. It was worth it to get to go on that amazing dive!







No comments:
Post a Comment